Monday, June 30, 2008

"..and I could not ask for more.."










What a weekend! Our trip to California turned out awesome. Sean Jake and I along with Sean's mom all jumped into the car on Friday morning and headed off to San Diego. It was not a bad drive at all we made good time and we played trivia games and laughed about nothing all the way there. Upon arriving in town we found our hotel without any trouble and settled in. I could not have asked for better. Sean, Mom and I stayed up playing UNO till who knows what time then could not go to sleep due to again consistent laughter about nothing. I think we were over tired and delirious.
Saturday was our day at Sea World. It was gorgeous weather (a little on the sunny side) but not hot. We got to have lunch with Shamu and we got spit on by dolphins witch left us soaking wet.

Sunday was Jake's birthday. It was also the day we drove home. We were all exhausted.


I just can not believe that he is 3 already. We have been so blessed to be able to learn with him and watch him grow. The past 3 years have been amazing. So much has changed for the better. We have all grown a little and learned a lot. Sean and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary this Friday July 4th and to think that one year has gone by just scares me to death. It all happened so fast and it seems like life is not going to slow down. I am doing everything I can to savior the moments and pause in the laughter to take the time to really enjoy everything that we have built together, and now our family is about to grow one bigger. One stronger. I just can not tell you how grateful I am to have all that I have. Its not always sunny, but at least when it rains we have lots of support for one another and love without reservations.
So the only thing Jake had said he wanted for his b-day was chocolate cake and candles. Sean and I were both beat and tired but we drove to walmart and bought him a cake and some balloons. We were so tired that we forgot the candle. Every year we have had a number candle on his cake. You know the candle shaped like a one and two and so on. Well this year we forgot it at the store and so thank goodness I save everything and thank goodness 1 + 2 equals 3!

We sang Happy Birthday and he blew out the candles and we all had cake all over our faces b4 the night was over.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Congratulations!! I just read that you're going to have that little girl you wanted...do you have a name picked out yet? It is so much fun to have one of each, they are so different, just like night and day. I can't believe it's been a year since you were married or that Jake is 3 either. I love how you improvised his candle...very creative, he will think so too when he grows, you should continue the tradition in the future, it will be good for his math skills. Keep us posted and email me your phone number, we should get together and go to the splash park or something.