Friday, October 3, 2008

OMG! Baby Madison will be here any day.

If you would have asked me 10 years ago where I saw myself at 25 I would have said that I would be the author of a best selling cookbook, or even the owner of a bakery. I may have even told you that I would be rich. I dreamed of Fame and loads of money. I dreamed of being somebodies hero.
So I have not done any of those things I dreamed about. Or have I? Today I can tell you that my life has only just begun. You see what I am realizing now is I forgot to dream about the one thing that really matter's. I forgot to dream about happiness. True I thought I would be happy but I thought having fame or loads of money was the only avenue I could take to get there. I forgot to dream about companionship. I forgot to dream about love. So what is fame really. I mean my son thinks I'm a hero for saving his blanket from the monster in the washing machine. He looks up to me and admires me. To him I am as famous as it gets. When you think of the rich you think of money, right? Do you think about the love the rich family on TV has for one another? Or do you count how many cars they have or how big there TV is. Come on really do you envy there life, or there lifestyle? Do you want to be them or be you with all there stuff? If you took there fame and fortune out of the picture where would they be? Would you still admire them? Would they still be interesting? Would they be loved? I am not so sure they would have anything real left.
10 years ago I wanted to be a best selling author of a cookbook. Today I have a mess of recipes in a book that I have written, and to my husband and 2 kids it is a Best Seller. Dream achieved.
10 years ago I wanted to own my own bakery. Today I make just about every pastry, cake, pie, and cookie my family ever wants or needs. Including wedding cakes for some very special people and birthday cakes worth framing. Dream achieved.
So wait maybe I have achieved my goal of fame and fortune.
Maybe it means enough to be famous to my kids or to have a rich home life full of a little stuff and lots of love. Maybe it is having no money that makes me so strong. Maybe it is the self discipline that comes with the budget that makes me a hero.
I am turning 25 this month and I am a mother of two wonderful kids and a wife to one amazing husband. I have incredible friends. I am healthy, and best of all I plan to live out all my dreams in my own way.
Who really knows what they want at 15 anyway.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Well put, I applaud you for your insight. It takes some people their entire life what you figured out at 25. Good for you, may god bless you and your family. Good luck on the upcoming birth of Madison, you'll do great. I can't wait to meet her. Debbie and family